Was censored in a sentence?Asked by: Bruce Williamson
Score: 4.6/5 (66 votes)
(1) The military-backed government has heavily censored the news. (2) All the letters from the war area were censored. (3) The obscene part of the film should be censored. (4) The book was heavily censored when first published.
What it means to be censored?
: suppressed, altered, or deleted as objectionable : subjected to censorship … the annual announcement of the list of censored stories is a genuine media event …—
What is a sentence using the word censor?
Censor sentence example. His job was to censor matter voluntarily submitted by the Press. After occupying the positions of procurator of the Jesuits at Rome and censor (calificador) of the Inquisition at Madrid, Acuna returned to South America, where he died, probably soon after 1675.
Is it censored or sensored?
sensor/ censor/ censer
These words sound the same, but a sensor is a device, a censor is a person who cuts potentially offensive material from a text or broadcast, and a censer is a container for incense. A sensor is a device that detects motion, light, smoke, or even speed. ... Sensor is related to the word sensory.
How do you use censorship in a sentence?
- Censorship has allowed the government to prevent the media from airing criticisms of its leadership.
- Because of censorship, many of the author's best works have been banned from school libraries.
UNBELIEVABLE: Watch Pres. Candidate Get Censored Mid-Sentence!
How do you use censure in a sentence?
- The soldier was sent home from boot camp after he received another censure from the general. ...
- The health department will censure any restaurants that do not have clean facilities. ...
- This brought them under the official censure , and was forbidden.
How do you use encapsulate in a sentence?
put in a short or concise form; reduce in volume. (1) It was very difficult to encapsulate the story of the revolution in a single one-hour documentary. (2) The words of the song neatly encapsulate the mood of the country at that time. (3) It will cost at least $4 million to encapsulate the leaking fuel rods in lead.
How do you censor someone?
- The judge censures her for behaving so carelessly. ...
- We decide to censure our CEO for stealing money from the company.
What kind of word is censored?
Censored can be an adjective or a verb - Word Type.
What does censure mean?
Censure is a formal, and public, group condemnation of an individual, often a group member, whose actions run counter to the group's acceptable standards for individual behavior. ... Like a reprimand, a censure does not remove a member from their office so they retain their title, stature, and power to vote.
What is a good sentence for discrimination?
Discriminate sentence example. If she was qualified, why should he discriminate against his daughter? It is unethical to discriminate against people because of their culture or gender. We do not discriminate against anybody on any grounds, nor should we.
What is the noun for censor?
noun. /ˈsensə(r)/ /ˈsensər/ a person whose job is to examine books, films, etc.
What happens when someone is censored?
If someone in authority censors letters or the media, they officially examine them and cut out any information that is regarded as secret.
What is censure example?
An expression of strong disapproval or harsh criticism. ... Censure is defined as to criticize or judge in a harsh manner. An example of censure is for a writer to create a piece that tears apart a new social policy. An example of censure is for a state legislature to criticize of its members for misuse of campaign funds.
What is encapsulation with example?
Encapsulation in Java is a process of wrapping code and data together into a single unit, for example, a capsule which is mixed of several medicines. ... Now we can use setter and getter methods to set and get the data in it. The Java Bean class is the example of a fully encapsulated class.
How do you use encapsulate?
- Andrew hoped he would be able to encapsulate his feelings for Linda with a greeting card.
- As a writer of book blurbs, I have to be able to encapsulate a book summary into a few lines.
- The students wished there was a way to encapsulate their teacher's lecture so class would end quicker.
Why is encapsulation used?
Encapsulation is used to hide the values or state of a structured data object inside a class, preventing unauthorized parties' direct access to them.
How do you use expedient in a sentence?
- Given the fact the police will be looking for us soon, it is expedient we leave this apartment quickly!
- Even though there are adverse effects to taking the medication, the drug's manufacturer feels it is expedient to ignore these reactions until a later date.
What does the word censuring mean?
an official reprimand, as by a legislative body of one of its members. verb (used with object), cen·sured, cen·sur·ing. to criticize or reproach in a harsh or vehement manner: She is more to be pitied than censured. ... to give censure, adverse criticism, disapproval, or blame.
How do you use clemency in a sentence?
- The killer's wife begged the judge to give her husband clemency so he would be out of prison before she died.
- In their letter to the governor, the victim's family asked him not to give clemency to their son's murderer.
What does censored mean on Snapchat?
censoredadjective. Having had objectionable content removed; being something someone has censored.
What is a sentence for oppression?
Oppression sentence example. "Yes, I feel a kind of oppression ," she said in reply to the prince's question as to how she felt. The oppression of minority peoples in our country is appalling. The cause of oppression and tyrany is often a corrupt and power-hunger ruler.
Is discrimination a bad word?
Discrimination isn't always a bad thing. You have to use discrimination to tell a good restaurant from a bad one, or a good idea from a bad one. However, this word is very tarnished by its main use these days: as a word for unfair treatment of people, based on racism, sexism, homophobia, or another prejudice.
What is a sentence for famine?
1 We made a contribution to the famine relief fund. 2 Many people die of famine every year. 3 Famine plagued a score of nations. 4 Widespread famine had triggered a number of violent protests.
What is a moral censure?
Censure is grounded in the community practices of calling to account and should be understood ideally as promoting a form of moral dialogue in the community. Censure thus has an intrinsic moral and symbolic structure which seeks both to address the wrongdoer about their past wrongdoing and to shape future conduct.